This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q2-2018. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the second quarter of 2018 increased by 6.2% compared with Q1 2018 and was 2.5% lower compared to the same quarter in 2017. This latest increase brought the overall level of construction to a similar level to 2017.
- The increase in the overall output in Q2 2018 from the previous quarter was accounted for by a 20.3% increase in Repair and Maintenance and a 2.0% increase in New Work.
- In Q2 2018, there were increases in Housing (7.1%), Infrastructure (5.4%) and Other Work (1.6%), compared to the previous quarter.
- Full report available here
- Broad Economy Sales and Exports Statistics (BESES) 12 December 2018
- Labour Market Report December 2018 11 December 2018
- 2021 Census Outputs Strategy Consultation for Northern Ireland 29 November 2018
- Labour Force Survey Household data for NI: July to September 2018 28 November 2018