This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q1-2021. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the first quarter of 2021 decreased by 5.3% over the quarter, increased by 5.8% over the year but decreased by 3.8% on a rolling four quarter basis.
- Construction Output has seen 5 consecutive quarters of decline within the annualised growth rate.
- The decrease in overall output in Quarter 1 2021 from the previous quarter was driven by a decrease in New Work (-7.7%) slightly offset by an increase within Repair and Maintenance (+0.3%).
- The output in Repair and Maintenance has increased over the quarter by 0.3% to reach a series high in Quarter 1 2021.
- In Quarter 1 2021, both the Housing (-9.6%) and Other Work (-2.9%) sub-sectors showed a decrease when compared with the previous quarter, this was partially offset by a 1.7% increase in Infrastructure over the quarter.
- Despite fluctuations the volume of Other Work has been on a downward trend since Quarter 4 2017, where the annualised growth rate has shown a decrease every quarter since Quarter 2 2018.
- Business Register and Employment Survey 2020 03 August 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 23 July 2021 30 July 2021
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 12 Results 29 July 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 16 July 2021 23 July 2021