This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q1 2017. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the first quarter of 2017 decreased by 1.7% compared with Q4 2016 and was 7.1% higher compared to the same quarter in 2016.
- Whilst there was a decrease in the total volume of construction output between Q4 2016 and Q1 2017, there continues to be a general upward trend in output since late 2014.
- The volume reported in Q1 2017 was the second highest level reported in the last five years.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q1 2017 was accounted for by a 7.2% decrease in New Work and a 0.7% decrease in Repair and Maintenance.
- In Q1 2017, there was a sharp decrease in Infrastructure Output (20.7%) and also in Other Work (5.6%) when compared with Q4 2016, whereas Housing Output increased by 7.9% when compared with the previous quarter.
- In Q1 2017, overall construction output in GB increased by 0.2% on the previous quarter and was estimated to have increased by 3.1% from the same quarter in 2016.
- Full report
- 2021 Census Outputs Strategy Consultation for Northern Ireland 18 October 2018
- CSO Statistical Yearbook of Ireland, 2018 18 October 2018
- Labour Market Report October 2018 16 October 2018
- Construction Output Statistics: Q2-2018 11 October 2018