This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q1 2017. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the first quarter of 2017 decreased by 1.7% compared with Q4 2016 and was 7.1% higher compared to the same quarter in 2016.
- Whilst there was a decrease in the total volume of construction output between Q4 2016 and Q1 2017, there continues to be a general upward trend in output since late 2014.
- The volume reported in Q1 2017 was the second highest level reported in the last five years.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q1 2017 was accounted for by a 7.2% decrease in New Work and a 0.7% decrease in Repair and Maintenance.
- In Q1 2017, there was a sharp decrease in Infrastructure Output (20.7%) and also in Other Work (5.6%) when compared with Q4 2016, whereas Housing Output increased by 7.9% when compared with the previous quarter.
- In Q1 2017, overall construction output in GB increased by 0.2% on the previous quarter and was estimated to have increased by 3.1% from the same quarter in 2016.
- Full report
- Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measure 2017 events 05 January 2018
- Christmas and New Year Opening Times 21 December 2017
- Business Register and Employment Survey 2016 14 December 2017
- Labour Market Report December 2017 13 December 2017