ASHE is a UK wide survey that provides a wide range of information on hourly, weekly and annual earnings by gender, work pattern, industry and occupation including public and private sector pay comparisons.
- Weekly earnings increased over the year to April 2019 in nominal (3.3%) and real terms (1.2%) to £535.
- In the UK, weekly earnings were £585, an increase of 2.9% from 2018 (£568). Real UK weekly earnings increased by 0.9% over the year.
- Private sector weekly earnings increased by 3.4% over the year, while public sector weekly earnings increased by 0.7%. Public sector weekly earnings (£625) were 31% higher than private sector earnings (£479).
- Median hourly earnings (excluding overtime) for full-time females (£13.13) was 2.9% greater than those for full-time males (£12.76). NI remains the only region in the UK where full-time females earn more per hour on average than full-time males.
- Full publication.
- Change in publication time for Market Sensitive Statistics 30 March 2020
- UK Regions Imports and Exports of Goods by Country and World Region 26 March 2020
- Drug-related Deaths in Northern Ireland: Socio-Demographic Analyses 24 March 2020
- COVID-19 and the production of statistics 23 March 2020