Latest results - published 7th July 2022
- The total volume of construction output decreased by 3.4% over the first quarter of 2022 and decreased by 4.1% over the year. However comparing the most recent four quarters to the previous four quarters showed an increase in output over the medium term (8.4%).
- Construction output is 0.1% below the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019 but is 47.2% above the series low seen in Quarter 2 2020.
- The annualised growth rate in construction output has increased for the fourth consecutive quarter in Quarter 1 2022. This follows five quarters of decline between Quarter 1 2020 and Quarter 1 2021.
- The decrease in overall output in Quarter 1 2022 from the previous quarter was driven by decreases within both Repair and Maintenance (1.7%), and New Work (3.2%).
- The decrease over the year to Quarter 1 2022 in construction output was also driven by decreases within both New Work (4.2%) and Repair and Maintenance (3.8%).
- In Quarter 1 2022, both the Infrastructure (3.6%) and Housing (11.7%) subsectors decreased over the quarter and was offset by an increase within the Other Work (6.2%) subsector.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 29th September. This will cover the period of 1st April to 30th June 2022. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Stephanie.Bruce@nisra.gov.uk with the title of the publications you would like to receive.