Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest results - published 9th April 2020
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2019 decreased by 1.2% compared with Q3 2019 and was 1.3% lower than the same quarter in 2018. Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q4 2019 from the previous quarter was driven by a 2.4% decrease in Repair and Maintenance and offset by a 2.6% increase in New Work.
- In Q4 2019, there was an increase in Other Work (+8.3%) and decreases in Infrastructure (-18.1%) and Housing (-1.5%) compared with the previous quarter.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 16th July 2020. This will cover the period of 1st January to 31st March 2020. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.