Latest Results (Quarter 2 2021) - Published 16 September 2021
- The NI IOP increased by 1.1% over the quarter (April - June) and increased by 27.6% over the year.
- The UK IOP reported increases of 0.4% over the quarter and 18.2% over the year.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI production sector increased by 5.6% while the UK production sector increased by 1.2%.
- The NI IOP is 0.8% below its pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019, while the UK is 3.3% below Quarter 4 2019.
- The quarterly increase in production output of 1.1% has been driven by increases in three of the four main sectors: Manufacturing (0.8%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (10.8%) and Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (1.7%). This was partially offset by a decrease in Mining and quarrying (4.6%).
- The annual increase in NI production output of 27.6% was driven by increases in all four of the main sectors: Manufacturing (27.3%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (32.6%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (14.7%) and Mining and quarrying (91.4%).
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.