Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 3 2020) - Published 17th December 2020
- The NI IOP increased by 16.2% over the quarter (July - September) and decreased by 3.6% over the year. This follows respective decreases of 14.1% and 19.8% over the quarter and over the year to Quarter 2 2020.
- The UK IOP reported an increase over the quarter (14.3%) and a decrease over the year (6.6%). This follows respective decreases of 16.4% and 18.7% over the quarter and over the year to Quarter 2 2020.
- The quarterly increase in production output of 16.2% has been driven by increases in all four of the main sectors: Manufacturing (18.0%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (7.1%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (5.5%) and Mining and quarrying (50.0%).
- The annual decrease in NI production output of 3.6% was driven by decreases in three of the four main sectors: Manufacturing (2.3%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (16.9%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (4.1%) and offset, in part, by an increase in Mining and quarrying (15.3%).
- The quarterly increase to Quarter 3 2020 of 16.2% is the largest quarterly change in the history of the NI IOP. This follows a decrease of 14.1% in Quarter 2020, which at the time had been the largest change seen in the NI IOP. Quarter 2 2020 was the lowest point in the NI IOP since the series began.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.