Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information. From April 2020 and until further notice, redundancies will be published on the NISRA website at 7am, a change from the standard 9.30am release time.
Latest results published 10th November 2020
- 1,240 redundancies were confirmed in October, the highest monthly total this year and second highest on record
- 820 redundancies were proposed in October 2020 and a further 710 have been proposed in the current month up to 6th November 2020
- From 1st November 2019 to 31st October 2020, 9,600 redundancies were proposed, the highest annual totals on record
- Latest Labour Market Report
- Latest Northern Ireland redundancy tables
- Historical Redundancy Tables
- Redundancies Interactive tables and maps available on NINIS
Notification of redundancies
- Under the Employment Rights (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 (Amended 8 October 2006) you are required by law to notify the Department of a proposal to make redundant 20 or more employees.
- Further information about the redundancy process is available on the Department for the Economy Website
- Download a HR1 form from the Department for the Economy
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.