Gross Disposable Household Income (GDHI) is the amount of money individuals have for spending or saving. This is money left after expenditure such as taxes associated with income and social contributions, property ownership and future provision for pension income.
- the GDHI estimate for Northern Ireland for 2018 was £32,627 million
- this represents £17,340 per head of population
- the 2018 Northern Ireland GDHI per head of population figure was 82.1% of the corresponding UK figure
- Northern Ireland’s total GDHI grew by 5.3% in 2018 which is equivalent to the overall growth for the UK as a whole (5.3%)
- Northern Ireland GDHI per head grew by 4.7% in 2018, which is marginally above the growth of the UK as a whole (4.6%)
Current publication and tables
- Regional Household Income & Regional Gross Disposable Household Income (GDHI) bulletin, statistical tables and interactive charts