Gross Disposable Household Income (GDHI) is the amount of money individuals have for spending or saving. This is money left after expenditure such as taxes associated with income and social contributions, property ownership and future provision for pension income.
- the GDHI estimate for Northern Ireland for 2019 was £32,820 million
- this represents £17,331 per head of population
- the 2019 Northern Ireland GDHI per head of population figure was 80.9% of the corresponding UK figure
- Northern Ireland’s total GDHI grew by 3.3% in 2019 which is marginally above the growth of the UK as a whole (3.1%)
- Northern Ireland GDHI per head grew by 2.6% in 2019, which is marginally above the growth of the UK as a whole (2.5%)
Current publication and tables
- Regional Household Income & Regional Gross Disposable Household Income (GDHI) bulletin, statistical tables and interactive charts