The consultation has now closed.
- Opening date: 1 October 2021
- Closing date: 30 November 2021
Thank you to everyone who gave us their views by responding to this consultation on the content design and release phase proposals for 2021 Census outputs. The consultation has now closed, and we are no longer accepting new responses.
We are currently undertaking a full evaluation of all the consultation responses and plan to publish an initial response in early 2022.
A 2021 Census Outputs Prospectus, including the final design of the 2021 Census outputs, and more detail on the planned release schedule, will be published by the end of January 2022.
Information on the consultation
Our society is constantly evolving and the information our users want from the census may change too. We want to know if these proposals meet your needs and your feedback will help us decide on the final design of the 2021 Census Outputs for Northern Ireland. This is why your feedback is so important.
Our proposals were structured into sections to help users find the topics they wanted to provide feedback on. They included:
- Methods of dissemination
- Release schedule
- Standard variables
- Proposed new derived variables
- Population-base specifications
- Taking a census during a period of change
- Paradata (information about how we collected and processed census data)
- Statistical output geography
- 2021 Census outputs consultation document
- 2021 Census outputs consultation executive summary
- 2021 Census outputs consultation questionnaire
- 2021 Census statistical outputs strategy
- Guidance for organisations with multiple responses
- Statistical disclosure control methodology for 2021 Census
- Frequently asked questions
- Pre-defined table listing
- 2021 Census outputs geography paper
Supporting documents are available to download from 2021 Census outputs consultation documents.
User engagement event
A consultation webinar was held on Wednesday 3 November 2021, this provided consultees with additional information and an opportunity to ask questions about the issues of interest to them. A recording of the consultation webinar is available on YouTube.
Confidentiality and data protection
In the interests of transparency, NISRA will publish all responses to the 2021 Census outputs consultation. This will include the name of the responding organisation or individual, but only if you have provided consent for your name or organisation name to be published. We will not publish personal contact details.
We will moderate responses before publication. For further details on the moderation policy please refer to the consultation document.
All responses will be treated in line with the NISRA privacy notice. Please be aware that any information provided in response to this consultation could be made publicly available if requested under a Freedom of Information request.
Phone: 0800 328 2021