This release includes the following documents:
- Statistical bulletin
- Infographic summary
and the following tables (for the Principal Projection):
- Projection summary (2020-2070)
- Single year of age and sex (2020-2070)
- 5 year age bands and sex (2020-2070)
- 2020-based national population projections quality and methodology information report
- National population projections accuracy report.
- 2020-based national projections assumption papers on fertility, mortality and migration
- How the assumptions are set
A processing error was identified which affects international out migration from Wales in the 2020-based national population projections. This affects the age and sex distributions of the international out migration from Wales only. There is minimal impact on the Northern Ireland projections. We will therefore not be changing the projections or issuing a corrected version because of the small magnitude of this error which is within the inherent uncertainty seen around projections and underlying estimates. Further details can be found on the ONS website.