The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in July-September 2020.
- In July-September 2020 there were an estimated 26,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 13.2% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 14.0% and among males was 12.5%.
- Within the UK, NI had the second highest 16-24 NEET rate at 13.2%. (Wales was the highest, with a NEET rate of 15.1%.)
- The NEET rate in Northern Ireland was slightly higher than the UK average, where the proportion of young people who were NEET was 12.4%
- NEET's Tables are available on the quarterly labour force survey tables page.
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 15th January 2021 22 January 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 8th January 2021 15 January 2021
- Construction Output Statistics: Q3-2020 14 January 2021
- NI Composite Economic Index Q3 2020 14 January 2021