The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 18,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in January to March 2023.
- In January to March 2023 there were an estimated 18,000 young people (aged 16 to 24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This was 9.0% of all people aged 16 to 24 years in NI. The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 10.6%.
- The NEET rate was 8.1% for males and 9.9% for females.
- Working and Workless Households in Northern Ireland: April-June 2023 19 September 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 8 September 2023 15 September 2023
- Young Persons’ Behaviour & Attitudes Survey 2022 14 September 2023
- PPS Annual Statistical Bulletin on Hate Crime 2022-23 14 September 2023