The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were 20,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- In April-June 2019 there were 20,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 10.2% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 12.1% and among males was 8.4%.
- Within the UK, NI had the lowest 16-24 NEET rate at 10.2%.
- The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 11.1%
The quarterly NEETs tables are available here
- Are you a user of NISRA statistics and data? 02 July 2020
- Labour Market Report June 2020 16 June 2020
- Women in Northern Ireland 2020 04 June 2020
- Working and workless households in NI: January-March 2020 03 June 2020