The Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index (NICEI) is an experimental quarterly measure of the performance of the NI economy based on available official statistics.
Latest results - published 14th January 2021:
- The NICEI indicates that economic output increased by 15.5% over the quarter to September 2020. Meanwhile economic output in the year to September 2020 decreased by 2.9% in real terms compared to the same period in the previous year.
- UK GDP increased at a slightly higher rate over the quarter (16.0 %) but declined at a higher rate over the year (8.6%) to Q3 2020.
- Private sector output increased over the quarter (21.4%) but decreased over the year (3.8%) to September 2020. The Public Sector jobs index decreased over the quarter (0.4%) but increased over the year (0.5%).
- Full report and tables can be accessed by going to the NI Compositie Economic Index page.
- Labour Market Report February 2021 23 February 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 12 February 2021 19 February 2021
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 8 Results 18 February 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 5 February 2021 12 February 2021