Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have a question about the survey? Check the answers in our frequently asked questions (FAQs) below.
- What is the Covid-19 Grant Evaluation Survey?
Since March 2020, a number of government grant schemes have been delivered to support a variety of business sectors and organisations in response to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The findings from this survey will contribute to the evaluation of the overall impact and effectiveness of all Covid-related funding on supporting the Northern Ireland economy and society.
The purpose of the survey is to gain an insight from the experiences of those businesses/organisations that applied for or received at least one grant. We are interested in finding out what worked well and any lessons that can be learnt for the future.
The Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) have been commissioned to undertake this survey on behalf of NI Government Departments and delivery partners involved in distribution of Covid-19 grants.
- Who can I contact if I need any further assistance with the survey?
If you require further assistance, please contact our customer support service. The support team will endeavour to respond to your query as soon as possible.
- Who are the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA)?
NISRA is an Agency of the Department of Finance. NISRA is the principal source of official statistics and social research in Northern Ireland.
These statistics and research inform public policy and associated debate in the wider society.
- What if I receive a reminder email but I have already completed the survey?
We would like to thank you for your contribution to the survey, no further action is needed at this time.
- Who was selected to take part?
A sample was randomly selected from a list of all businesses or organisations that applied for or received at least one Covid-19 grant.
- How do I take part?
If your business or organisation has been selected to complete this survey, you will have received an email from email@example.com
There are 3 ways to access the survey on the NISRA website:
- Click the link below
- Go to the NISRA website and click the tab ‘Selected for a survey’ and select ‘Covid Grants Evaluation Survey’
- Search for ‘NISRA Covid Grants Survey’ on your online search engine – the NISRA link should take you directly to the survey page.
- What type of device can I use to complete this survey?
The survey can be completed on most devices such as desktop computers, laptops as well as iOS and Android devices such as mobile phones. The survey should also work with most browsers such as Edge, Chrome, Mozilla and Safari.
The survey cannot be completed using Internet Explorer as it is no longer supported by Microsoft.
- What if I applied for a covid-19 grant but was unsuccessful?
We would ask you to complete the survey as we would like to hear about your experience.
- What if I applied for or received the same covid-19 grant for more than one business/organisation?
You can either provide one response about your experience of the covid-19 grant process or you may choose to complete the survey for each business you applied/received the covid-19 grant.
- What if I applied for or received more than one covid-19 grant for my business/organisation?
When you are shown the list of covid-19 grants, select all the grants you applied for or received.
- What if I can’t see the name of the covid-19 grant I applied for or received?
When you are shown the list of covid-19 grants, select ‘other’ and specify the name of the grant you received on the next page of the survey.
- What if I can’t remember the name of the covid-19 grant I applied for or received?
When you are shown the list of covid-19 grants, select the ‘Can’t remember’ option and continue with the questionnaire.
- I was timed out when completing the survey. When I click the link, will it take me to the last question I completed?
No, due to the survey being anonymous, we are unable to direct you back to the last question you completed. You will need to start the survey from the beginning.
- Will my response be anonymous?
Yes, the survey will not ask you for any personal contact details or the name of your business/organisation. All responses will be anonymous. Any information collected will be treated in confidence and will be used strictly for the purposes outlined above.
- Who will see the results to the survey?
Anonymised responses to the survey will be collated by NISRA statisticians and analysis and reporting will be undertaken by NISRA statisticians or organisations in contract with NISRA/Department of Finance.
- Can I still apply for a Government Covid-19 grant?
Applications for the Government Covid-19 Grant schemes have now closed.
- What are business reserves?
Business reserves are funds that companies set aside to cover costs or expenses that are unplanned or unexpected.