Official Statistics for Northern Ireland are published by Northern Ireland Government Departments and other bodies listed in the Official Statistics Order (Northern Ireland) 2012.
National Statistics are a subset of Official Statistics which have been formally assessed as being compliant with the Code of Practice by the Office for Statistics Regulation (the regulatory arm of the UK Statistics Authority).
Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) website
The majority of Northern Ireland Official Statistics are published by the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency and are presented by topic on the NISRA website.
Statistics published by Northern Ireland Departments:
Official Statistics published by NISRA branches within NI Government Departments can also be found on Departmental websites:
- The Executive Office
- Department of Education
- Department for the Economy
- Department of Finance
- Department of Health
- Department of Justice
- Department for Infrastructure
- Department for Communities
- Department of Agriculture, Environment & Rural Affairs
- Public Prosecutions Service for Northern Ireland
Some statistics published by NISRA branches within the Department of Finance (DoF) are only published on the NISRA website (which is available via a link on the DoF website).
Statistics published by other Official Statistics Producers - with NISRA branches
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
- Probation Board for Northern Ireland
- Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland
- Libraries NI
Statistics published by other Official Statistics Producers – without NISRA branches
- Agri-food and Biosciences Institute
- Arts Council of Northern Ireland
- Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment
- Livestock & Meat Commission for Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Cancer Registry at Queens University Belfast
- Northern Ireland Housing Executive
- Northern Ireland Policing Board
- Sport NI
- Public Health Agency