This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q3-2017. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the third quarter of 2017 increased by 1.2% compared with Q2 2017 and was 11.3% higher compared to the same quarter in 2016 (Figure 1). There continues to be a general upward trend in output since 2014. The volume reported in Q3 2017 was the highest level reported in the last five years.
- The increase in the overall output in Q3 2017 was accounted for by an 8.0% increase in Repair and Maintenance and a 2.1% decrease in New Work.
- In Q3 2017, there was an increase in Infrastructure Output (6.1%), Housing Output (3.7%) and also in Other Work (2.4%), when compared with the previous quarter.
- Full report available here
- NI: IN PROFILE 14 February 2019
- PPS PUBLISHES QUARTERLY STATISTICAL BULLETIN 14 February 2019
- Labour Market Report January 2019 22 January 2019
- NEW - NI Multiple Deprivation Measures 2017 Lookup Tool 22 January 2019