As part of our preparations for Census 2021, the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) are holding a census rehearsal.
Where it's taking place
The census rehearsal is taking place in three areas:
- South & East Belfast
- West Fermanagh
What you need to do
If you live in one of these areas and haven't yet responded, you’ll get a reminder letter from us asking you to take part by filling in an online questionnaire at www.census.gov.uk/ni. The letter will contain a unique access code you can use to access the questionnaire.
You should complete your questionnaire based on your household as it was on Census Rehearsal Day is 13 October 2019.
Why take part?
It's important you take part in the census rehearsal if we ask you to. In doing so, you'll help us make sure Census 2021 runs smoothly and represents everyone.
Census field staff in your area
You may have noticed census field staff in your area. They will be calling at homes where we have no record of questionnaires being submitted or returned. Our staff are there to help you, answer questions and offer advice.
Census field staff will be out visiting homes in the rehearsal areas during the following times:
- Monday to Saturday: 9 am to 8 pm
- Sundays: 10 am to 4 pm
- Change in publication time for Market Sensitive Statistics 30 March 2020
- UK Regions Imports and Exports of Goods by Country and World Region 26 March 2020
- Drug-related Deaths in Northern Ireland: Socio-Demographic Analyses 24 March 2020
- COVID-19 and the production of statistics 23 March 2020