The latest NI Composite Economic Index report published on the 24th July 2015 provides the most recent statistics on the performance of the NI economy. The headline figures over quarter 1 2015 show:
1. Provisional results for the first quarter (Jan-Mar) of 2015 show that the NICEI increased by 1.1% from Quarter 4 2014 to Quarter 1 2015;
2. The index increased by 2.5% over the year (Quarter 1 2014 to Quarter 1 2015);
3. Annual output (averaged over the four quarters to Quarter 1 2015) increased by 1.6% compared to the previous four quarters.
More information can be found here.
The Northern Ireland Residential Property Price Index provides a measure of the change in the Northern Ireland property market since January 2005.
Property prices almost doubled between 2005 and Q3 2007 but then decreased until early 2013. Since then prices have been increasing. The most recent figures are available at the link.
Statistical information on the NI economy can be obtained from a number of sources:
1. Major Economic Statistics - major economic statistics.
2. Regional Gross Value Added - statistics across the UK
3. Regional Gross Disposable Household Income - UK statistics
4. Residential Property Price Index - latest quarterly index
Detailed Economic statistics for small areas can also be obtained from the Northern Ireland Neighbourhood Information Service website
by clicking here
Interactive content on Residential Property Prices can be found here.