NISRA information areas
Site utilities ~ accessibility statement
It's all about the Standards.
What exactly are those links under the address on every page of this site? They're the proof we care about all the users of our Web site. By validating our site to Web standards, our audience is guaranteed the best possible browsing experience. We also get the added benefits of being able to make site-wide changes very quickly, while reducing the overall load time of our pages. The site is also more visible to search engines and therefore more likely to be ranked higher.
It's an example of how Streamon tries to take the extra step to make its solutions succeed. If you're interested in learning how Streamon can help on your next Web project, contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
- Access key a - Accessiblity statement
- Access key c - Contact us
- Access key h - Home page
- Access key i - Site index
- Access key s - Site index
- Access key 1 - NISRA and national statistics
- Access key 2 - News
- Access key 3 - Publications and statistics
- Access key 4 - Links
- All pages on this site are Bobby A approved, complying with the Bobby guidelines. This is not an exact science and is very much dependent on how the guidelines are interpreted.Some accessibility features can be measured, but many cannot. Following a review of the guidelines we believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site are WCAG AAA approved, complying with all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. Following a review of the guidelines we believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- The homepage validates as XHTML Transitional and uses valid CSS with the exception of some browser specific hacks.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic mark-up. H2 tags are used for main titles, H3 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip past the navigation straight to the content on each page by pressing ALT+0.
- The site includes a sitemap to allow you to easily find the information you are looking for.
- Many sections include a search facility.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, which should appear as a tool tip when your mouse hovers over it.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Many images include inline captions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- You the user can use a series of tools along the top of the screen to increase/decrease the text size, view a test only version of the site or print the page.
- When a page is printed all navigation and branding is removed from the page, only main content is left.